I thought I’d share some close-ups of hand-quilting on my current project. I’ll do the full reveal and post when it’s ready for it’s new home. I’m almost finished, and I am so enjoying the wrinkly, quilty, cuddly softness of it.
Have a great weekend!
This is the first quilt I ever started. Being so ambitious, of course my first quilt EVER had to be one of the most time-consuming and complicated patterns. And 4 years later, it’s still not finished. Welcome to the Jungle…
One bite at a time. The only way to metaphorically imagine I can ever finish this quilt. My Double Wedding Ring. 3 out of 8 rows complete. *gulp*
Started in February 2011, when I took the class at Stash when I lived in Walla Walla. It has been set aside many times to work on quicker projects. I imagine I would have the top finished by now if I had made it a priority in my life. Now in the rare moments I have free time to sew, this is my project. I completed an entire row in about 2 weeks recently, so I have hope I can get the top finished by September/Octoberish. I would love to enter it in the Sister’s Quilt Show for 2013, so we’ll see if I can hand quilt and bind it by next April, their submission deadline.
I am planning on hand-quilting it as I usually do, but with some kind of awesome thread color. I might alternate between hot pink and neon green quilting thread if I can find it. Wouldn’t that just look fabulous on the navy blue centers?!
This is intended to be for me and my bed. I haven’t finished any quilts to keep personally yet, so it’s high time I keep one for myself!
Ever since I have been a regular reader of Film in the Fridge, I have wanted to make a string quilt. Recently inbetween projects and with a scrap bin overflowing, it was time.
I had a custom order for a dresden much like the Happy Dresdens currently in my shop. I thought it would be neat to show the progress of the top coming together in pictures. Usually I forget to document these things and am really trying to get better at it! (not mentioning the utter failure in atempts to blog more. lol)
Cutting the fans. laborious. But I like arranging things, so, alright. 😉
Now the fans have been made into “Flowers” and are chillin’ on my design wall. Although the quilt will be for a boy, so maybe not flowers. Throwing stars? Gears? oh, sure.
Then the throwing stars are sewn onto a fabric block, a center piece is added, and finally, I blanket stitched around all the stars. While marathoning all seasons of Parks and Rec. I love the weekend.
Adding the border!
Top = finished! now on to basting and quilting!
I love seeing the backside of not only the finished piece but the top. It’s very cool to still see the shapes you were working from.
Hope everyone had a great Mem Day Weekend!
Yesterday I finished the top and back for the Miami Vice quilt and basted it while Ridge looked on with his typical sad eyes. Here it is pre-basted, pieced together with sashing and cornerstones. It also has a 3″ white border. The backing is white with colored stripes coming out from the edges about 7″ on all sides, cute!
Here are the blocks I haven’t shown yet (after the jump).
I just started following a quilt-along for a sampler quilt. When I found this graphic of the quilt I immediately went “oOOOOOOooo” so there really wasn’t any decision about what fabrics to use. I am using the same ones that blogger freshlemonquilts is using – Pat Bravo’s Pure Elements. I am so excited to do an all-solids quilt! There are three blocks tutorialed per week for a total of 12 different blocks.
See pictures of my first blocks after the jump…